Giants head coach Ben McAdoo spoke with reporters after practice on Tuesday. Here's what we learned...
- DT Damon Harrison's lower body is sore, so the team will be going "slow" with him.
- The addition of new K Mike Nugent adds some competition to the position. McAdoo likes Nugent because of his experience and he "made a lot of big kicks in his career."
- WR/KR Dwayne Harris was checked by trainers as he had an apparent shoulder issue.
- RB Shane Vereen and DT Devin Taylor were on the sideline as they were both sore with "lower body injuries."
- RB Wayne Gallman was "knocked around" during practice Tuesday, but got back on his feet and made a couple nice plays. McAdoo said "he's a young player, has a lot to learn, long way to go."
- McAdoo thinks CB Eli Apple is a lot more confident entering camp, and has been taking lessons from the film room and executing on the field.
- DT Robert Thomas got the first shot at trying to fill the void Johnathan Hankins left in the defensive line. McAdoo said "mentally, he can handle it" which is why he's with the first team.
- McAdoo and his staff will be wary of how much the team will have to do with pads early on.