1. Atlanta Falcons 11-1 (Last week, 1): Certainly the Falcons have not ben blowing teams out lately, but in football, wins are all that matter, and Atlanta keeps earning them.
2. Green Bay Packers 8-4 (Last week, 5): After trailing, the Packers fought back to get a victory. Even with injuries on defense, this team’s offense is scary good.
3. San Francisco 49ers 8-3-1 (Last week, 2): A huge mistake by Colin Kaepernick on a pitch helped lead to the 49ers’ overtime loss to the Rams. This game shouldn’t have even come down to that though. The 49ers should be able to knock of the Rams with any quarterback.
4. Chicago Bears 8-4 (Last week, 3): The Bears lost at home to a team that came into the game with a 1-5 road record.
5. New York Giants 8-5 (Last week, 4): Big Blue’s defense could not stop RGIII, and it doesn’t get any easier as Drew Brees comes to town Sunday.
6. Washington Redskins 6-6 (Last week, 8): If RGIII and Alfred Morris repeat their performance against the Giants, the Redskins as legitimate playoff contenders.
7. Seattle Seahawks 7-5 (Last week, 9): The Seahawks earned an overtime win over the Bears on the road, which may wind up being the game the propels Seattle to the playoffs.
8. New Orleans Saints 5-7 (Last week, 7): Even with the loss, the Saints have the firepower to make a playoff run, but at this point, they’ll need a lot of help.
9. Dallas Cowboys 6-6 (Last week, 11): Big deal Tony Romo, you beat the Eagles!
10. St. Louis Rams 5-6-1 (Last week, 12): The Rams stay alive win an overtime win over the 49ers. It still may be a long shot, but at least the team is watchable.
11. Tampa Bay Buccaneers 6-6 (Last week, 6): The Buccaneers got blown out in Denver in a game they were leading early. Maybe Greg Schiano’s magic is running out?
12. Minnesota Vikings 6-6 (Last week, 10): Minnesota’s road to the playoffs just got much more difficult with a loss to the Packers.
13. Detroit Lions 4-8 (Last week, 13): A little but of (Andrew) Luck handed the Lions their eighth loss of the season as time expired.
14. Arizona Cardinals 4-8 (Last week, 14): If you can’t beat the Jets, you’ve got problems, and it starts with the quarterback in Arizona.
15. Carolina Panthers 3-9 (Last week, 15): Carolina was in a tough situation this weekend, playing the Chiefs the day after the murder-suicide incident.
16. Philadelphia Eagles 3-9 (Last week, 16): Andy Reid keeps firing coaches, but he’s almost certainly next to go.
Follow Jim Mancari on Twitter @JMMancari.