Let's have some fun. Here's five questions for you to tackle today...
1. LB Lawrence Taylor was named All-Pro a franchise-high eight times. Since the AFL-NFL merger of 1970, only one Giant player has gotten as many four All-Pro nods. Who is he?
2. WR Steve Smith set a club record in 2009 by catching 107 passes. Only two other players have 80 or more catches in a single season. Name them.
3. QB who holds the team record of five consecutive games with 300 or more yards passing.
4. Carl Banks was the Giants' starting LOLB from 1986-1992. Who preceded him and then who succeeded him?
5. Morehead State University has only produced two NFL players since they instituted their football program in 1927. Both played for the Giants. QB Phil Simms was one. Who was the other?
1. Michael Strahan. He was named All-Pro in 1997, 1998, 2001 and 2003.
2. Victor Cruz had over 80 catches twice so far in his career: 86 in 2012 and 82 in 2011. Amani Toomer caught 82 passes in 2002.
3. Kerry Collins, from Week 14 of 2001 thru Week 2 of 2002. The Giants were 2-3 in those games.
4. Brad Van Pelt held the position for the majority of his 11 seasons with the Giants from 1973-83. Byron Hunt was the starter when Banks was drafted in 1984. He and Banks alternated until Banks assumed the job full time in 1986. After Banks left, the Giants had three LOLBs in three seasons (Corey Miller, Michael Brooks and Mike Croel) until Jesse Armstead took over in 1996.
5. TE Gary Shirk played 101 games for the Giants between 1976 and 1982.