Former Giants WR Victor Cruz is "absolutely" hoping for a call now that the team is without four of their receivers -- with three lost for the season.
"One thousand percent," Cruz said on Friday during his podcast when asked if he could help the Giants. "One thousand percent."
Cruz had signed with the Bears during the offseason, but was cut during the preseason.
The Giants, who lost wide receivers Beckham, Brandon Marshall, and Dwayne Harris to season-ending injuries during last week's loss to the Chargers, will also be without Sterling Shepard on Sunday.
Tavarres King, Roger Lewis, Travis Rudolph, and Ed Eagan will be the Giants' receivers on Sunday night in Denver against the Broncos.
The 30-year-old Cruz was released by the Giants in February after spending six seasons with the team. He would've been owed $7.4 million this season, with a cap hit of $9.5 million.
After being released, he accused the Giants of intentionally suppressing his production to make it easier for the team to cut him, which head coach Ben McAdoo denied.
McAdoo said earlier this week that he didn't believe Cruz was an option, but said "never say never" regarding a potential reunion.
"I did some great things there," Cruz said about the Giants after his release. "There are so many experiences, times and moments that I shared in that building with that team in that jersey. Those can't be replaced or forgotten. I'm happy I have those moments to look back on."
Cruz, who missed most of 2014 and all of 2015 due to injuries, had 39 catches for 586 yards and one touchdown last season.