The line at the Las Vegas Hilton and Caesars' is holding at 3. The Mirage has the line at 2 1/2 as does The Orleans. The over/under, which opened at 55 1/2, hasn't moved, either. It is either 55 or 54 1/2 across the board.
On our favorite prognostication site, Covers.com, the consensus has the Giants covering the spread by a margin of 56.56% to the Pats' 43.46%.
The trends are tilting in the Giants' favor:
- NYG are 7-0 ATS (against the spread) vs. a team with a winning record.
- NYG are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
- NYG are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games following a S.U.(straight-up) win.
- Over is 5-0 in NE last 5 games after allowing more than 250 yards passing in their previous game. Baltimore's Joe Flacco threw for 306 yards vs the Pats last week.
- Over is 4-0 in NE last 4 games following a ATS loss. The Pats were favored by 7 1/2 last week and only won by 3.