Josh Bailey's goal 32 seconds into overtime helped the Islanders edge the Flyers, 4-3, at Barclays Center on Wednesday night. >> Box score
- 6:02 PHI Taylor Leier; Assists: Travis Sanheim, Travis Konecny
- 18:53 NYI Mathew Barzal (PPG); Assists: Josh Bailey, Nick Leddy
- 0:46 PHI Michael Raffl; Assists: Sean Couturier, Ivan Provorov
- 7:13 NYI Johnny Boychuk (PPG); Assists: John Tavares, Bailey
- 11:05 NYI Josh Ho-Sang; Assists: Adam Pelech
- 13:54 PHI Jakub Voracek (PPG); Assists: Wayne Simmonds, Claude Giroux
- 0:32 NYI Bailey; Assists: Tavares, Leddy
Don't think John Tavares is one of the best players on Earth? Watch this overtime game winner. JT battled along the boards, getting checked the entire time, and just out willed everyone else on the ice to keep control of the puck, find Bailey open, and send him a perfect cross ice feed that allowed Bails to end it. Unbelievable.
Great job by Anders Lee at the end of regulation. After the fourth line has an abysmal shift in the final minute, Thomas Greiss got a whistle with 22 secondary play, and after the ensuing face off, Lee was able to channel his football skills to keep his legs moving and muscle the puck with his foot out of the zone. It assured the one point, and ultimately, provided the opportunity to get the win in OT.
Greiss is this team's number one goaltender, and it's not even close. Greiss came up big tonight, especially on the Flyers' late third period power play. It's a fast turnaround for the game in Philly on Friday, which is also the front end of a back-to-back that ends in Ottawa on Saturday. But based on the fact that Friday is a divisional game, I wouldn't be surprised to see Greiss in there against the Flyers.
A great win to send everyone into their holiday, so revel in it. Have a happy and safe Thanksgiving, everyone!
Next game: The Islanders travel to Philadelphia to complete the home-and-home matchup with the Flyers on Friday at 4 p.m. ET.