After allowing the first two goals of the game to the hometown Red Wings, the New York Islanders and goaltender Thomas Greiss (23 saves on 25 shots) locked in and buckled down defensively en route to a 3-2 comeback victory on Saturday. Matt Martin's third-period goal proved to be the decisive tally as the Islanders completed a comeback from a 2-0 deficit in the first period. >> Box Score
- 4:59 DET Justin Abdelkader; Assists: Gustav Nyquist, Dylan Larkin
- 13:53 DET Niklas Kronwall; Assists: Dylan Larkin
- 4:31 NYI Casey Cizikas; Assists, Ross Johnston
- 6:57 NYI Ryan Pulock (Power play); Assists: Mathew Barzal, Josh Bailey
- 3:24 NYI Matt Martin; Assists: Cal Clutterbuck, Nick Leddy
The Islanders head home to take on the Pittsburgh Penguins on Monday at 7:00 p.m.