The Islanders face the Detroit Red Wings Monday at Barclays Center at 7 p.m.
According to STATS...
- The Red Wings lost, 4-3, at home to the Ducks on Saturday night, and have now dropped three of their last four tilts (all three of which came at Joe Louis Arena). Detroit is 6-1-0 on the road this month -- best in the Eastern Conference.
- New York defeated Ottawa, 5-2, at Canadian Tire Centre on Friday night, extending its point streak to four straight games overall (3-0-1 record). The Islanders are 3-1-1 in five home tilts this month.
- Tonight marks the first of three meetings between these clubs in 2015-16. Including taking two of three from the Wings last season, the Isles are 9-2-1 (.792) since 2005-06 vs. Detroit overall -- the best mark of any NHL club.
- Pavel Datsyuk was held without a point in his second straight game Saturday night for the first time since November 29-December 1. Datsyuk has three goals and one helper in his last two road skates against the Islanders.
- Nick Leddy lit the lamp Friday night, giving him two goals and an assist during his current three-game point streak, and three markers in his eight skates this month (had zero goals in first 38 games of the season). Leddy has six points (2g, 4a) in his last seven games vs. the Red Wings (since beginning of 2011-12).
- The Islanders have not allowed a power-play goal in six straight games -- tied for the second-longest active streak in the league. Detroit's opponents have not scored with the man-advantage in four straight contests.