- 2:32 WPG Shawn Matthias; Assist: Adam Lowry
- 16:57 WPG Blake Wheeler; Assists: Patrik Laine, Kyle Connor
- 14:46 NYI Anders Lee; Assists: John Tavares, Josh Bailey
- 3:00 WPG Kyle Connor; Assist: Patrik Laine
- 12:03 WPG Adam Lowry (PPG;) Assists: Jacob Trouba, Blake Wheeler
- 16:28 NYI Anders Lee; Assist: Ryan Pulock
Next game: The Islanders are next in action on Sunday in Colorado at 8 p.m.
Andy Graziano, SNY.TV Twitter
If you were to look at the statistics through two periods, you would have thought the Islanders deserved a better fate. 37 shots and 55 attempts, yet down 2-1 to the Jets in Winnipeg. Hellebuyck was terrific for Winnipeg, stopping quality chance after quality chance until Paul Maurice righted the Winnipeg ship in the third, allowing the Jets to win 4-2.
Winnipeg came out and dominated the final frame, outshooting New York 13-6 and getting two goals to grab the two points against an under siege Islanders defense playing without Johnny Boychuk and Calvin de Haan. Ryan Pulock had an especially rough night along with Dennis Seidenberg that would lead most to believe Sebastian Aho gets a crack on Sunday in Colorado.
The only true bright spot for New York was two more goals for Anders Lee, who continues to cement himself as one of the NHL's premier power forwards. That brings Lee to 24 on the season, tied with Nikita Kucherov of Tampa and Alex Ovechkin of Washington for the league lead. Josh Bailey assisted on Lee's first tally, running his scoring streak to ten consecutive games.