Ryan Pulock had a goal and four assists, Anthony Beauvillier scored two goals, and the Islanders handily defeated the Blackhawks on Saturday, 7-3. << Box score
- 1:01 CHI Patrick Kane; Assists: Erik Gustafsson, Nick Schmaltz
- 4:35 NYI Anthony Beauvillier (Power Play); Assists: Brock Nelson, Ryan Pulock
- 10:31 NYI Jordan Eberle; Assists: Ryan Pulock, Mathew Barzal 19:04 NYI Ryan Pulock Assists: Alan Quine, Brock Nelson
- 1:25 NYI Anthony Beauvillier (Power Play); Assists: Josh Bailey, Ryan Pulock
- 18:27 CHI Erik Gustafsson; Assists: Patrick Kane, Brent Seabrook
- 1:52 NYI Brock Nelson; Assists: Ross Johnston, Ryan Pulock
- 4:58 CHI Patrick Kane
- 7:10 NYI Anders Lee; Assists: John Tavares, Nick Leddy
- 10:30 NYI John Tavares; Assists: Josh Bailey
Andy Graziano, SNY.TV Twitter
The Islanders surrendered the first goal of the game tonight, barely a minute into the contest, to Chicago's Patrick Kane. And I could just hear the grumbles and moans emanating from my phone through Twitter.
Who could blame them? The way things were going, you would have expected the Blackhawks to roll from there. But, they didn't. The Islanders recovered, and recovered in a big way, scoring seven times in a 7-3 rout at the United Center.
Anthony Beauviller had a tremendous game, notching two goals and playing like a demon child in all three zones. His play since his recall from Bridgeport and subsequent placement on the second line with Mathew Barzal and Jordan Eberle has been magical. Ryan Pulock had a five-point night (goal and four assists), Brock Nelson scored and Ross Johnston tallied his first NHL fight and point.
All in, a terrific road effort for a team that needed it in the worst way. The mountain is still tall, but this is a positive first step on a road trip that will next take them to Arizona before visiting Vegas for the only time this season.
The Coyotes will host the Islanders on Monday at 9 p.m.