A sluggish Islanders offense plagued the team once again, as the Flyers scored two goals in each of the first two periods Sunday to hand the Isles a 4-1 loss at Nassau Coliseum. The loss was the Isles' third in four games and keeps them two points behind the Metropolitan Division-leading Capitals, who picked up a point with an overtime win over the Rangers.
Four different Flyers found the back of the net and Claude Giroux accumulated two assists. Adam Pelech converted an opportunity to get the Islanders on the board late in the third period, but by thenthe game was out of reach. >> Box score
- 8:21 PHI Travis Konecny; Assists: Radko Gudas, Robert Hagg
- 14:59 PHI Travis Sanheim; Assist: Giroux
- 3:18 PHI Scott Laughton; Assist: Michael Raffl
- 15:14 PHI Sean Couturtier; Assists: Oskar Lindbolm, Giroux
- 15:15 NYI Pelech; Assists: Andrew Ladd, Josh Bailey
The Islanders will have about 48 hours to get back on track. They host the Senators on Tuesday at 7 p.m.