Prior to Tuesday's game between the Islanders and Penguins, Pittsburgh honored the shooting victims who were killed at the Tree of Life synagogue on Saturday with a moment of silence. Two officers wounded in response to the shooting also participated in an honorary puck drop.
As for the game, the Islanders won their third after recovering from blowing a 2-0 lead in the first period. The scored three goals in the second -- two from Jordan Eberle -- en route to a 6-3 win over the Penguins. The victory extends the Islanders' winning streak to three games and point streak to four.
Islanders goalie Robin Lehner made 23 of 25 saves but was replaced by Thomas Greiss at the start of the third period due to a strain, per head coach Barry Trotz. >> Box score
- 10:43 NYI Andrew Ladd; Assists: Valtteri Filppula, Ryan Pulock
- 12:28 NYI Brock Nelson; Assists: Josh Bailey, Matt Martin
- 14:24 PIT Domenik Simon; Assists: Sidney Crosby, Brian Dumoulin
- 17:41 PIT Sidney Crosby; Assists: Jamie Oleksiak
- 9:32 NYI Matt Martin; Assists: Casey Cizikas
- 11:56 NYI Jordan Eberle (Power Play); Assists: Mathew Barzal, Nick Leddy
- 13:49 NYI Jordan Eberle; Assists: Mathew Barzal, Adam Pelech
- 1:23 PIT Evegeni Malkin; Assists: Phil Kessell, Jamie Oleksiak
- 9:44 NYI Tom Kuhnhackl; Assists: Nick Leddy, Ryan Pulock
The Islanders return home to the Barclays Center for another matchup with the Penguins at 7 p.m.