- 12:05 NYI Anthony Beauvillier; Assists: Travis Hamonic, Shane Prince
- 14:36 NYI Ryan Strome; Assists: Cal Clutterbuck, Dennis Seidenberg
- 19:21 NYI John Tavares (Power Play); Assists: Ryan Strome, Nick Leddy
- 5:35 NYI Andrew Ladd; Assists: Jason Chimera, Travis Hamonic
- 12:34 NYI Calvin de Haan; Assists: Alan Quine, Dennis Seidenberg
- 18:57 BUF Zemgus Girgensons; Assists: Zach Bogosian, Sam Reinhart
Ryan Strome had a goal and an assist, Thomas Greiss made 28 saves and the New York Islanders beat the Buffalo Sabres 5-1 on Friday night. >> Read more
Play Anthony Beauvillier every day. Seriously, this kid knows what he's doing on the ice, and he flashed another skill tonight with a beautiful reflection from the high slot. Travis Hamonic sent the puck toward the center of the ice, and Beauvillier placed his blade perfectly to get his fourth goal of the season, all of which have come on home ice.
Ryan Strome seems to enjoy playing with Nikolay Kulemin and Cal Clutterbuck. Butch mentioned on the telecast that Strome has been adapting to the chip-and-chase style his linemates play, and you wouldn't figure that would play to Strome's strengths. But it's hard to argue with the results, as Strome notched his second multi-point game of the season, which included his third goal in five games.
It was refreshing to see the Isles control the play in this one. Of course, it was against Buffalo, so it's hard to get too excited. Still, it hasn't been often that the Isles have out-attempted their opponents, even in their victories, and it was infinitely more enjoyable to watch rather than see them try to hold on by trying to survive a shooting gallery.
Next Game: The Islanders return from the holiday break on Tuesday night when they host the Capitals at 7 p.m.