The New York Islanders face the Detroit Red Wings on the road Saturday at 2 p.m.
According to STATS:
- The Islanders have won five of their last six road games against the Red Wings, after winning just three of their previous 17 games in Detroit.
- The Islanders have not allowed a power-play goal in 11 of their last 13 road games. Their 91.4 penalty-kill percentage on the road since November 27 is the fourth-lowest in the NHL entering the weekend.
- The Red Wings have not been shutout once over their last 74 games -- the longest active streak in the NHL.
- The Red Wings, who have allowed multiple power-play goals in back-to-back games for the second time this season (also December 31 -- January 2), have not allowed multiple power-play goals in three straight games since March 28 -- April 2, 2011.
- Dylan Larkin, who scored a pair of goals in Florida against the Panthers Thursday night, has now scored the most goals by a Red Wings rookie since Henrik Zetterberg had 22 during the 2002-03 season.
- John Tavares has recorded six points over his last six overall road games, and has dished out 10 assists over his last nine games against the Red Wings.