The Islanders will host the Blue Jackets in a Saturday afternoon matinee at Barclays Center.
According to STATS:
- The Blue Jackets beat the Florida Panthers on Thursday, 2-1. It was Columbus' second consecutive win and its fifth in its last six games (5-1-0).
- The Islanders lost, 4-2, on Thursday versus Winnipeg. New York has now lost three of its last four games (1-3-0)
- This is the fourth and final meeting this season between the Blue Jackets and Islanders. The home team has won the first three matchups, all in regulation. Columbus won at home 6-2 on December 10 and 7-0 on February 25, while the Islanders won on home ice 4-2 on January 24.
- Josh Anderson snapped a five-game streak without a point on Thursday night versus Florida with a goal and an assist in the Blue Jackets' 2-1 win. Anderson has three goals in three games against the Islanders this season, including two in his last skate against New York on February 25.
- Sergei Bobrovsky is 7-0-1 in his last eight starts with a miniscule 1.24 GAA and a gaudy .959 save percentage. Bobrovsky is 12-5-0 in his career against the Islanders.
- Anders Lee set a new career high in goals on Thursday night with his team-high-tying 26th of the season (tied with John Tavares). Lee has 20 shots on goal in his last five games.
© 2017 by STATS