The New York Islanders take on the Pittsburgh Penguins on Saturday at Barclays Center at 1 p.m. ET.
According to STATS:
- The Penguins have lost three consecutive road games against the Islanders in regulation, after losing just three of their previous 16 road games (11-3-2) against New York in regulation.
- The Islanders, who have won three straight games, can match their season-long win streaks (three streaks of four games) with a win on Saturday.
- Since the beginning of February, the Penguins have averaged more than five goals per game (5.06) over their 15 regulation victories. At the same time, Pittsburgh has gone an NHL-best 10-1-0 since March 11.
- Sidney Crosby, who has now recorded at least one point in 16 of his last 17 games, has averaged 1.75 points per game (93/53) over his career against the Islanders -- the most by any active skater against one team (minimum 12 games).
- Phil Kessel, who has recorded nine points (four goals, five assists) over his last four games, has now scored at least 25 goals in each of his last three seasons, and for the seventh time in his NHL career.
- John Tavares, whose next goal will give him back-to-back 30-goal seasons for the first time in his NHL career, has recorded at least one point in each of his last six home games against the Penguins.