The Islanders welcome the Canadiens to Brooklyn for a 7 p.m. game on Friday.
According to STATS...
- The Canadiens have won four straight and seven of their last eight meetings against the Islanders, including a 4-1 home victory on November 5. The Isles have been held to just one goal scored in three of their past four games against Montreal.
- The Canadiens have 16 players who have played in all 20 of the team's games this season -- most in the NHL.
- Max Pacioretty is currently riding a six-game point streak with three goals and five assists during this stretch. Pacioretty's career high point streak is seven games, which he has done twice.
- Montreal is in the midst of its fourth set of back-to-back games this season. They are 3-0-0 in the second of back-to-backs so far. In 2014-15, they finished with an 8-4-4 mark in the second game of a back-to-back, which was the NHL's sixth-best record in that category.
- Kyle Okposo recorded his 200th career assist in the Islanders' 5-2 home win over Arizona on Monday. He had three assists total in the game -- the fourth three assist game of his career.
- With their win over the Coyotes earlier this week, the Isles improved to 8-2-1 against the Western Conference on the season (8-1-0 in the last 9).Only the New York Rangers (7-1-0) and the Dallas Stars (6-1-0) have better records versus the west.