The Islanders (1-3) will host the Arizona Coyotes (1-2) on Friday night at Barclays Center.
According to STATS...
- The Islanders have earned at least one point in each of their last six home games versus the Coyotes, going 5-0-1 versus Arizona over the six games; New York never trailed after the second period in any of the six games and outscored Arizona, 25-11, over that span.
- The Coyotes lost, 5-2, at Montreal on Thursday and are now 1-2-0 on the season (0-2-0 on the road). Arizona has allowed an average of 5.00 goals per game, the most in the NHL; the Coyotes franchise has not allowed the most goals in the NHL in a season since moving from Winnipeg to Phoenix in 1996-97.
- The Islanders lost, 3-2, at home versus the Sharks on Tuesday and are now 1-3-0 on the season, the first time New York has lost three of its first four games of the season since 2010-11 (the Islanders missed the playoffs that season). Each of New York's last three games have been decided by a single goal.
- Jakob Chychrun, the No. 16 overall pick in the 2016 NHL draft, scored his first career goal on Thursday. Chychrun has scored a point in each of his two games played this season.
- Brock Nelson, who had one assist on Thursday, has recorded a point in all four games this season. The four-game streak with a point matches the second-longest streak of Nelson's career (had a five-game streak in November 2015).
- Anthony Beauvillier netted his first career goal on Wednesday versus the Sharks, tying the game at one goal apiece about halfway through the second period. Beauvillier scored on his only shot on goal on Wednesday.
© 2016 by STATS