The Islanders head to Colorado to open up the 2017 portion of their schedule to take on the Avalanche at 9 p.m.
According to STATS...
- The Islanders throttled the Jets, 6-2, at MTS Centre on New Year's Eve, recording their fourth win in the last five games overall. New York is 3-2-1 in its last six road tilts (1-6-1 in first eight road games of the season).
- Colorado dropped a 4-1 decision in Calgary on Wednesday night, losing its fifth straight tilt, and for the 10th time in the last 11 games overall. The Avs have lost 10 straight games at Pepsi Center -- the longest home losing streak in franchise history.
- Tonight marks the first of two meetings between the Islanders and Avalanche in 2016-17. Including two straight wins, dating to the beginning of 2011-12, Colorado is 3-0-1 in its last four tilts against New York at Pepsi Center.
- Anders Lee potted one of the Isles' six goals last Saturday night, giving him 13 markers in his last 18 games (had just one goal in his first 18 games of the season). Lee has one goal in four career skates against the Avalanche.
- Patrick Wiercioch scored Colorado's lone goal Wednesday night, snapping his personal 16-game pointless streak, and giving him three markers on the season. The Avs' blueliners have combined to light the lamp just eight times in 2016-17 -- tied with Boston for second fewest of any team in hockey (Buffalo -- 4).
- The Isles have potted four or more goals in five straight games -- tied with the Rangers for the second-longest streak of any team in the league this year (Penguins had a seven-game streak). Colorado has allowed 4+ goals an NHL-high 17 times in 2016-17.
© 2017 by STATS