The Islanders face the Blue Jackets in Columbus on Tuesday night at 7:00 p.m.
According to STATS...
- The Blue Jackets have won back-to-back games despite trailing after the first period in each. It is the first time Columbus has won consecutive games in which they trailed after the first period since January 19-22, 2011.
- The Islanders have scored at least three goals in each of the last seven meetings with the Blue Jackets, their longest active streak against an opponent as well as the longest active streak against Columbus.
- William Karlsson scored both goals in the Blue Jackets' 2-1 win in Calgary on Friday. Karlsson, who has all of nine career goals, has as many multi-goal games (3) as he does single-goal games (3).
- Kyle Okposo recorded his second career hat trick and matched his career-high with four points in Sunday's win over Edmonton. Okposo is the first US-born Islander with multiple hat tricks since Jason Blake.
- Joonas Korpisalo has saved at least 30 shots in three straight games. He is the first Blue Jackets rookie goaltender to stop 30 or more shots in three consecutive games since Steve Mason in March 2009.
- John Tavares has won 10+ faceoffs in each of the last five games. It is tied for the fourth-longest streak of his career, and his longest since a seven-game run from February 19 -- March 3, 2015.