The Islanders and Devils play each other for the final time this season at 6 p.m. at the Prudential Center.
According to STATS:
- The Islanders beat the Hurricanes, 3-0, at PNC Arena on Thursday night, keeping their slim postseason hopes alive in the process. New York has won four straight games -- its longest win streak of the 2016-17 campaign.
- New Jersey lost, 7-4, to Pittsburgh at Prudential Center on Thursday night, dropping to 1-5-2 in the last eight games overall. The seven goals scored by the Pens were the most allowed by the Devils in any game this season.
- The Isles have taken two of three meetings with the Devils in 2016-17, with both of the wins coming at Barclays Center. Dating to the beginning of 2012-13, the Islanders are 7-1-1 in their last nine road games vs. the Devils.
- Brock Nelson lit the lamp Thursday night, giving him a marker in back-to-back skates for the third time since the All-Star break, and 150 points in his NHL career. Nelson has just one goal and two helpers in 16 career skates against the Devils.
- Kyle Palmieri had a goal and a helper Thursday night, giving him three points in his last two games, and 199 in his career overall (99g, 100a). Palmieri and Taylor Hall both have 53 points in 2016-17 -- tied for tops on the team.
- 27 skaters have scored at least one goal for the Devils in 2016-17 -- most of any team in the league.
© 2017 by STATS