The Islanders look to make it two wins in a row when they take on the Kings in Los Angeles at 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday.
According to STATS...
- New York beat Anaheim, 3-2, in a marathon shootout (14 rounds) last night at Honda Center, snapping its four-game losing streak with the win. The Islanders are 3-3-4 in one-goal games this season.
- The Kings beat the Ducks, 3-2, at Honda Center on Sunday night, and have now won three straight games while allowing exactly two goals in each victory. Los Angeles is 10-1-0 when netting at least three goals this season (0-8-1 in all other games).
- Tonight marks the first of two meetings between the Isles and Kings in 2016-17. New York and Los Angeles split two games last season, each beating the other at home.
- Adam Pelech scored his first goal in 15 career NHL skates last night in Anaheim. Including Pelech, New York's blueliners have netted 14 goals combined in 2016-17 -- second most of any team in hockey (Montreal -- 16).
- Jeff Carter had two power-play goals and an assist Sunday night, earning first-star honors, and giving him four markers and two helpers during his current three-game point streak. Including each of the last three Kings' victories, Carter has an NHL-high five game-winning goals in 2016-17.
- The Isles are 1-1-0 in the second of back-to-back games this season. Los Angeles is 2-0-0 when facing teams in the second of back-to-backs in 2016-17
© 2016 by STATS