The Islanders head to Buffalo to take on Kyle Okposo and the Sabres at 7 p.m. on Friday night...
According to STATS...
- The Islanders lost, 5-4, at home to the Blackhawks last night, dropping their third straight tilt by a combined score of 15-8. Including a 3-for-3 performance by Chicago, opponents are 6-for-10 with the man-advantage against New York in the last three tilts.
- The Sabres doubled up the Kings, 6-3, at KeyBank Center on Tuesday night, improving to 4-2-1 in their last seven contests. Buffalo has 11 wins through its first 28 games in 2016-17 -- the same total it had through 28 games last season.
- Tonight marks the first of three meetings between the Isles and Sabres in 2016-17. Dating to the beginning of 2012-13, New York has garnered at least one point in six straight road tilts in Buffalo (4-0-2 record).
- Anders Lee lit the lamp last night, giving him three markers in his last four games, and eight in his last 11 skates overall (had one goal in first 18 games of the season). Lee has three goals in four career games against the Sabres at KeyBank Center.
- Jack Eichel had two goals and a helper Tuesday night, earning first-star honors, and recording his third multi-point performance in seven games since his season debut on November 29. Eichel has an assist in each of his last two games vs. the Islanders.
- The Isles are 2-2-0 in the second of back-to-back games this season. Buffalo is 3-2-1 when getting 2+ days off between tilts in 2016-17.
© 2016 by STATS