The Islanders (10-10-5) welcome the St. Louis Blues (15-7-4) to Brooklyn on Thursday night.
According to STATS:
- The Blues improved to 8-1-1 over their last 10 games with Tuesday's 3-2 win over Montreal. St. Louis has the highest winning percentage in the NHL dating back to November 15 (.850).
- The Islanders extended their point streak to five games with a 4-2 win against the Rangers on Tuesday. It is the longest point streak for New York since another five-game run from March 1-9, 2016.
- St. Louis is 5-0-2 in its last seven games against the Islanders. The seven-game point streak is tied with the Canadiens for the longest active versus New York and is one off the longest all-time for the Blues against the Isles (January 30, 1990 -- January 11, 1992).
- Jason Chimera scored his third goal in the last four games in the win on Tuesday over the Rangers. Chimera had scored just one goal in the first 21 games of the season.
- Jaden Schwartz recorded his third multi-goal game in the last nine skates in the Montreal win. Schwartz had only four career multi-goal games prior to this season.
- Josh Bailey pushed his point streak to six games with a power-play assist in Tuesday's win. The streak is tied for the second longest of Bailey's career, one shy of his career-long streak of seven games from December 29, 2009 -- January 12, 2010.
© 2016 by STATS.