The Islanders (6-10-4) will face off against the Flames (10-13-1) at Barclays Center on Monday night at 7 p.m. ET.
According to STATS:
- The Flames lost, 5-3, in Philadelphia last night, snapping their two-game win streak, and dropping to 3-2-0 on the current road trip. Calgary is 2-2-1 in the second of back-to-back tilts this season.
- New York dropped a 3-2 decision in San Jose on Friday, losing its second straight game, and for the sixth time in the last seven contests overall (1-4-2 record). The Isles are 3-2-1 when getting two or more days off between tilts this season.
- Tonight marks the first meeting of the season between the Flames and Islanders. Dating to the beginning of 2014-15, New York has won four straight against Calgary, with three of the four victories decided by the same score of 2-1.
- T.J. Brodie had a goal and a helper last night (both shorthanded), recording his first multi-point performance of the season, and giving him a point in back-to-back skates for the first time in 2016-17 as well (1g, 2a in last two games). Brodie has just three assists (zero goals) in six career games against the Islanders.
- Nick Leddy had a marker and an assist Friday night, giving him three points in his last three skates (1g, 2a), and recording his second multi-point performance of the season. Leddy has been held pointless in his last four games against the Flames.
- New York's blueliners have combined to score 15 goals in 2016-17 -- tied with Philadelphia for third-most of any NHL club. Calgary's defensemen have lit the lamp eight times this season (tied for 15th in the league).
© 2016 by STATS.