The New York Islanders host the Carolina Hurricanes on Monday at 7:30 p.m. Barclays Center.
According to STATS:
- The Hurricanes have won their first two games against the Islanders this season, including an overtime win in Brooklyn during the last meeting. The last time Carolina had three wins in a season against New York was 2013-14.
- Carolina lost in overtime Saturday, 3-2, at home against Toronto. The Hurricanes have lost 11 games in overtime or shootout this season, which is tied for fourth most in the NHL, after leading the NHL with 16 such losses in 2015-16.
- Victor Rask scored his 15th goal of the season Saturday. It was his first even-strength goal since January 13, which was a career-long 22 games without an even-strength goal.
- New York lost at St. Louis Saturday, 4-3, to conclude a nine-game road trip. The Islanders posted a 5-3-1 record on the trip, including wins in all four different time zones: Pacific (Vancouver), Mountain (Edmonton), Central (Dallas) and Eastern (Detroit and Montreal).
- Nick Leddy scored a power-play goal Saturday, his 11th goal of the season. It is the most goals in a single season by an Islanders defenseman since Mark Streit in 2008-09 (16).
- Brock Nelson has scored a goal in back-to-back games and three of his last five after going goalless in 11 straight games from February 9 to March 2.