The Islanders take on the Panthers in a rematch of last year's first-round playoff matchup at 7 p.m. on Wednesday night.
According to STATS...
- The Panthers beat the Devils, 3-0, at Prudential Center on Monday night, winning their season-high third straight road game by a combined score of 9-2. Monday night's shutout was Florida's first in the last 77 games (dating to January 23 last season).
- New York lost, 2-1, in a shootout with the Coyotes at Gila River Arena on Saturday night, garnering a point in its third straight tilt, and for the sixth time in the last seven games overall (4-1-2 record). The Islanders have eight overtime/shootout losses in 2016-17 -- tied for second most in hockey.
- Florida won the first meeting of the season with New York, 3-2, in overtime at BB&T Center on November 12. The Panthers are 7-2-1 in 10 regular-season games vs. the Isles since the beginning of 2013-14.
- Vincent Trocheck had a goal and a helper Monday night, giving him eight points (4g, 4a) in his last seven games. Trocheck has a marker and four assists in seven career skates against the Islanders.
- Johnny Boychuk had an assist in his 500th career NHL game Saturday night, and enters tonight with a point in a season-high three straight tilts (1g, 2a during streak). Boychuk has just one point (an assist) in 25 career skates against the Panthers.
- Originally taken with the fourth pick of the 1997 draft by the Islanders, Roberto Luongo recorded the 73rd shutout of his NHL career Monday night -- most of any active netminder, and tied with Lorne Chabot for 11th most in league history. Luongo has never blanked the Isles in 26 career starts.
- Vincent Trocheck was selected to play in the first All-Star Game of his NHL career on Tuesday. John Tavares will represent the Islanders on All-Star Weekend in Los Angeles.
© 2017 by STATS