The New York Islanders host the Nashville Predators at Barclays Center on Monday at 7 p.m. ET.
According to STATS:
- The Islanders are 6-1-0-1 over their last eight home games against the Predators. Nashville's last win on the road against the Islanders came January 16, 2012.
- New York lost at home to Boston Saturday, 2-1, after the game was tied 1-1 entering the third period. The Islanders have lost seven games in regulation after the score was tied at the end of two periods this season. They had just three such regulation losses in all of 2015-16.
- John Tavares scored his 28th goal of the season on Saturday against the Bruins. He now has 65 points on the year, and his streak of four straight seasons with 65 or more points is tied for the longest active streak in the NHL.
- Nashville owns a three-game winning streak after beating San Jose, 7-2, at home Saturday. It was the most goals scored in a game by the Predators this season and their most since November 14, 2015 (7-0 win vs. Winnipeg).
- The Predators had two players with three assists against the Sharks (Craig Smith and Colin Wilson). It was the first time they had two players with three or more assists in a single game since February 28, 2009.
- James Neal scored two goals against the Sharks, his third multi-goal game this season and 12th of his Predators career. His 12 multi-goal games since 2014-15 are the most by any Predators player in that span.