The Islanders take on the Sabres at Barclays Center on Friday night at 7 p.m.
According to STATS...
- The Sabres lost, 3-1, at home to the Hurricanes last night, dropping their third straight game (0-1-2 record), and snapping their season-best four-game point streak. Buffalo has scored one goal or fewer an NHL-high 16 times in 2016-17.
- New York defeated Boston, 4-2, at TD Garden on Tuesday night, snapping its five-game losing streak with the win. The Isles have allowed two or more goals 29 times in 2016-17 -- tied for fourth most in the league.
- Buffalo beat New York, 3-2, in overtime in these clubs' first meeting of the season one week ago at KeyBank Center, evening up the series at five wins apiece since the beginning of 2013-14. The Isles have clicked on 38.9 percent (7-for-18) of their power-play opportunities in their last 10 tilts vs. the Sabres.
- Marcus Foligno was a plus-1 last night for the fifth consecutive game (was a minus-1 on the season prior to the last five games). The last Sabre to record a +1 rating or better in six straight games was Robyn Regehr in 2011-12.
- Anders Lee had two markers and a helper Tuesday night, lighting the lamp in his second straight game, and giving him 11 goals in his last 14 skates overall -- tied with Sidney Crosby for most in the NHL since November 23.
- Buffalo is 2-1-1 in the second of back-to-back games this season. New York is 4-3-2 when getting at least two days off between tilts in 2016-17.
© 2016 by STATS