New York Jets head coach Todd Bowles spoke to the media after training camp on Sunday. He said:
- Running back Matt Forte and cornerback Dexter McDougle are dealing with hamstring injuries.
- He was impressed with rookie linebacker Darron Lee's speed, but added that Lee needs to focus on all of his abilities heading into the season.
- Tight end Jace Amaro is still making progress in his return from a season-ending injury last year.
- Quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick is still building a rapport with the team's new wide receivers. "We've only practiced two days so he has got a ways to go practicing and we've got ways to go chemistry-wise, but they're talking and they're making progress and they're communicating," Bowles said.
- He does not have an update on DE Muhammad Wilkerson's return from a broken leg.