Jets head coach Todd Bowles spoke to the media following Wednesday's practice. Here is what we learned...
- It's still uncertain whether or not injured center Nick Mangold will play on Monday night against the Colts.
- With lack of creating turnovers, the team has been working hard in practice to get them. "We [are] trying everything we can to get them," Bowles said. "It's just not falling our way right now."
- WR Devin Smith has returned to practice and has no restrictions on what he can do. So far, according to Bowles, Smith is almost caught up with the offense.
- There are a lot of factors in what many consider to be a down year for DE Muhammad Wilkerson. "I guess he fought so hard to get back," Bowles said. "He was nicked up a little early on. [He's] trying to get in a groove. Balls aren't coming his way. Some balls are coming out quicker. They're paying more attention to him."
- He also believes Sheldon Richardson is getting more attention and double teams on the line.
- As for the Colts, Andrew Luck's size, arm and ability to run are things that make him a tough quarterback to defend.
- The Jets will also have to work hard to stop a tough running back in Frank Gore.