- How will the Jets replace Cromartie? [NJAM]
- Jets not shy about dialling up the pressure under Bowles [ESPN New York]
- Babin to replace Suggs in Baltimore [NFL.com]
- Davis and Dozier reflect on key plays from Sunday [Jets Official Site]
- Snell still bears long-term grudge against Jets [NY Post]
Bent, theJetsBlog.com: It's always interesting to hear what great players from Jets history are up to these days, especially in anticipation of hearing their reflections on the "good ol' days", but sometimes this can be upsetting if those players have gone through tough times or health issues.
In Snell's case, it seems like he has no fond memories of his key role in the Jets' Super Bowl win and bears nothing but disdain for the organization, even though the team no longer employs any of the people who were around in 1972 he left the team, apparently in acrimonious fashion. That's a shame, especially since the Jets have been able to mend fences with a few other players who didn't leave on the best of terms.
Snell dismissively suggests that Jets fans don't even know who he is, but speaking as one fan who was born after he retired, I know exactly who Snell is and his place in Jets folklore and have enjoyed learning about what a great player he was from those TJB readers that can remember cheering him on. If you're not familiar with Snell, read Bassett's tribute from a few years ago when we put him and Emerson Boozer into the TJB Hall of Fame together.