Good morning Jets fans. I went away for a while to spend some time with my family, but I'm back and ready to roll. In my absence, Jets West began.
Here are some behind the scenes news and notes as it relates to Mark's camp.
- Hayden Smith is at a wedding in Sydney, and is not in attendance.
- It was originally reported that Terrance Ganaway would not make it because he wanted to spend time with his wife. However, he had a change of heart and is there.
- Running back John Griffin, who really turned heads during OTA's and Minicamp, is at the camp.
- Stephen Hill, who told reporters in May that he wasn't sure if he would be able to attend due to a "scheduling conflict," is in attendance.
- Todd Norman, Mark Sanchez's personal trainer, is helping run the workouts.
- Jets West consisted of everything from on-field warm-up/agilities to a core/strength/power workout.
- Sanchez took players including Dustin Keller, Tim Tebow, Jeremy Kerley to Katsuya's one-year anniversary party in Laguna Beach on Monday.
- Mark Sanchez took his teammates including John Conner and John Griffin along with him to the ESPYs.
- Conner and Griffin got to walk the red carpet, but they sat in the fourth row, while Mark sat in the third row.