FLORHAM PARK, N.J. - For the first time in the 11 days since he pulled his hamstring, Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis did individual drills at practice and ran full speed. The good news is he "felt good," even if he still has no idea whether he'll be ready to play in Arizona on Monday night.
"I think I feel better than I actually did last week," Revis said. "Today was actually the first day I ran at my top speed and actually it felt good. (No setbacks) at all. It was good to be back on the field."
Revis added that it's "very valuable" that the Jets have an extra day this week, giving him a little more time to recover and get ready. It's possible that he'll even make the trip to Arizona with the Jets on Saturday and that no decision on his status will be made until Monday night.
Asked if he had a gut feeling on whether he'd be able to play, Revis responded "Next question."
Later, he added, his recovery is "going well. I'm just doing everything I need to do."
As for the rest of the Jets' injuries:
- C Nick Mangold (knee) and LB David Harris (hamstring) missed practice. Jets head coach Todd Bowles said he'd have a better feel on Friday about whether they'll be available for the game against the Cardinals.
- DE Muhammad Wilkerson (foot) was limited in practice, but Bowles indicated that will likely be a part of Wilkerson's practice routine.
- RT Breno Giacomini (back) and WR Devin Smith (knee), both on the Physically Unable to Perform (PUP) list, are eligible to return to practice on Tuesday and Bowles said he's hopeful that both would be able to hit the field sometime in the next couple of weeks. He was also cautious, though, and said that even if they start practicing they are likely a few weeks away from being able to get into a game. Once a player on PUP returns to practice, teams have three weeks to add them to the active roster or place them on season-ending injured reserve.
- QB Bryce Petty went through his first full practice since injuring his shoulder in the Jets' preseason finale.
- G Brian Winters (concussion) and TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins (ankle) were limited in practice. T Ryan Clady was also limited, but he was just getting some rest.
- WR Jalin Marshall (shoulder) and CB Darryl Roberts (shoulder) practiced fully.