New York Jets head coach Todd Bowles spoke to the media on Monday in advance of the team's preseason finale on Thursday. He said:
- He does not have a set timetable for when LB David Harris, who suffered a "bad bruise" on his right shoulder in Saturday's preseason game against the New York Giants, will be ready to return to the field.
- He believes the competition at right tackle between Brent Qvale and Ben Ijalana is "even right now." Both are expected to play on Thursday.
- The team has not yet named a starter at outside linebacker.
- He does not think rookie LB Jordan Jenkins will play on Thursday due to a calf injury.
- He has not decided whether or not the Jets will play two or three quarterbacks on Thursday.
- Cornerback Dee Milliner did not practice due to a sore hamstring. Linebacker Bruce Carter did not practice due to a sore shoulder.
- Wide receivers Quincy Enunwa and Kenbrell Thompkins, who did not play Saturday due to a concussion and groin injury, respectively, both practiced on Monday.
- Cornerback Dexter McDougle is battling a hamstring injury.
- He thought rookie QB Christian Hackenberg handled his preseason debut "pretty good" after throwing for 105 yards, one touchdown and one interception on 6-for-16 passing.