SNY Job Opportunities
SNY NETWORK OVERVIEW
SNY is an Emmy Award winning, multiplatform regional sports network serving approximately seven million homes in the New York Metropolitan area and nine million homes across the country through unparalleled coverage of the New York Mets, Jets and all things New York sports.
SNY is the official television home of the New York Mets, televising more than 130 live games each season with exclusive pre- and post-game programs, plus additional Mets entertainment programming airing throughout the calendar year.
As the official television home of the New York Jets, SNY delivers more than 300 hours of exclusive year-round content devoted to Jets football.
SNY is also the official television home of the 11-time NCAA Championship UConn Huskies women's basketball team.
As New York's leader in local sports television coverage, SNY delivers the most comprehensive access to all of the Tri-State area's professional and collegiate sports teams through nightly sports and entertainment programs from SNY's state-of-the-art studio located high above the city at 4 World Trade Center in downtown Manhattan.
Online, SNY.tv is the "go-to" digital communal home for New York sports fans to get succinct, easy-to-read updates, video highlights and features, recaps, news, opinion, rumors, insight and fan reaction on their favorite New York sports teams.
Owned by Sterling Entertainment Enterprises, Charter Communications and Comcast, SNY is available to viewers throughout New York, Connecticut, New Jersey, and northeastern Pennsylvania, and nationally through select providers.
View all of our full- and part-time opportunities to find jobs that match your background and career interests. Compete in life. Find your next career challenge at SNY.
Associate Content Producer
The Associate Content Producer will be part of SNY’s growing content development team. Primarily responsible for day-to-day multi-platform video segments, the Associate Content Producer will also develop skills necessary to produce engaging content and execute breaking news coverage.
• Oversee and handle all aspects of editing multi-platform video segments, including, but not limited to, highlight packages, features, bumpers and teases, as well as cueing shots and properly securing footage to be used in such segments
• Assist Content Producers in the generation of show rundowns
• Brainstorm, draft and pitch content ideas for use across all SNY platforms
• Develop skills necessary to produce both long and short form content across platforms
• Identify and grow skills required to serve as a Content Supervisor when assigned
• Primarily responsible for preparation and execution of daily Breaking News coverage
• Work closely with on-air talent
• Function quickly and efficiently to meet all deadlines
• Handle the high-stress, live situations (in and out of the control room) in a positive and constructive manner with peers, management, and across teams
• Minimum 3 years of experience in sports newsroom environment
• Thorough knowledge of sports, both locally and nationally
• Familiarity with iNews, Outlook and Media Manager
• Experience with editing platforms including Avid and Premiere
• Positive attitude and leadership qualities with the ability to handle multiple tasks a must
• Solid editorial judgment
• Strong interpersonal skills as well as written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
• Punctual, regular and consistent attendance
• Must be willing to work non-traditional shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays
• Candidates must be able and willing to take direction well
• Must be a collaborative team player who works well with others, in a fast-paced environment
• Interested and qualified candidates must submit a resume / CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
• It is the policy of SNY to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
New York, NY
Coordinating Content Manager
Since its launch in 2006, SNY has established itself as the linear and digital home for all things New York sports. From our state-of-the-art facilities at 4 World Trade Center, we develop more original NY sports news and entertainment content than anyone else in the industry.
This position is responsible for maintaining equipment & technical standards at a production and newsroom facility.
- Support multiple daily live studio productions
- Act as quality control for incoming/outgoing news & game feeds
- Perform emergency & preventative maintenance on studio, control room, and newsroom equipment
- Design and integrate capital improvement projects
- Perform other studio and remote production related duties as required and assigned
- Must have a minimum of seven years professional broadcast engineering experience in a live studio production facility
- Experience with Avid editing systems desired
- Experience with Vizrt graphics, SSL audio, Grass Valley switchers, Ross robotics, Production automation, Evertz routing, monitoring and control, and RTS Telex intercoms required
- Knowledge of IP/LAN infrastructures required
- Position requires non-traditional working day and hours
- Occasional travel is anticipated for remote productions and maintenance
- Interested and qualified candidates must submit a resume / CV through nbcunicareers.com
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
- It is the policy of SNY to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Vice President of Engineering & Technology
LOCATION: New York, NY
There are no current openings at this time.
SNY offers internship placements in the Spring, Summer and Fall semesters. Departments may vary each semester, but they typically include most or all of the following: Newsroom, Operations, Affiliate/Marketing/Programming, Accounting, Digital, IT, and Sales.
Interns, who must have completed their sophomore year in college, will be paid and may receive college credit if needed. The minimum GPA requirement for our internship program is a 3.0.
Interns will receive hands-on experience assisting in a wide range of the station's operations. Interns generally work approximately 20 hours per week, and may include nights and weekends.
To be considered for an internship at SNY, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. The subject line should include your name and the department you are applying for.
Due to COVID-19, SNY's Internship Program will be on hiatus until further notice. Thank you and stay safe.