At least outwardly, former Knick Charles Oakley is alright with not being able to attend Knicks games at Madison Square Garden this season.
I want to thank all my fans around world .The case is over now that was the hard part. The easy part is stayin away from the garden. OAK- Charles Oakley (@CharlesOakley34) August 6, 2017
After getting into a scuffle with MSG security guards in February, Oakley accepted a deal in court last week that will keep him away from MSG for one year. Oakley, who initially said he wanted to take the case to trial, eventually took the deal Friday. The incident began after Oakley began yelling taunts at Knicks owner James Dolan.
The security guards and their legal team were not pleased with the deal given to Oakley, according to the New York Post.
"Oakley needs counseling and deserves real punishment; he should not be given special treatment due to his celebrity status," attorney Jim Walden of Walden Macht & Haran said, the Post reports.
If Oakley stays out of trouble for six months, charges for the incident will be dropped and his record will be wiped clean.