The Knicks (5-6) face off against the Wizards (2-8) in Washington D.C. on Thursday night at 7 p.m. ET.
According to STATS:
- Washington has won nine of 10 meetings with the Knicks since the start of the 2013-14 season. New York had won 12 of the previous 13 matchups in the series.
- The Wizards fell to 2-8 with a 109-102 loss at Philadelphia last night -- the 76ers' second win of the season. It is the Wizards' worst 10-game start since opening 0-10 in the 2012-13 season.
- New York has won back-to-back games for the first time this season, picking up home wins over the Mavericks Monday (93-77) and Pistons yesterday (105-102). The Knicks have allowed 96.6 points per game in their five wins, compared to 114.0 per game in their six losses.
- Kristaps Porzingis scored a career-high 35 points against Detroit Wednesday, making 13-of-22 field goals. He's averaging 20.7 points on 49.7 percent shooting this season, up from 14.3 per game on 42.1 percent shooting as a rookie last season.
- Carmelo Anthony has scored 20 or more points in all 14 career road games versus the Wizards, averaging 28.1 points. That's his second-highest road scoring average versus any team (29.2 per game at Orlando).
- Marcin Gortat is averaging a career-best 12.6 rebounds per game, ranking third in the NBA. No player with the Wizards franchise has finished in the top five in the NBA in rebounding since Jeff Ruland was third in 1983-84 (12.3)
© 2016 by STATS.