The NBA fined the Knicks organization $50,000 for violating the league's rules regarding equal access to media after it banned the New York Daily News from their post-draft press conference last Friday.
"The Knicks acknowledge that we did not comply with the NBA's media policy, and made an error in interpreting Friday's announcement as an invite only event," the Knicks said in a statement. "As we do throughout the year, we have and will continue to provide access to credentialed media as per the League's policy."
While other media orgainzations were in attendance for RJ Barrett and Ignas Brazdeikis' introductory news conference, the Daily News did not have a credential.
"The organization has agreed to comply with NBA Media Access Rules moving forward," the NBA said in a statement.
Josh Robbins, president of the Professional Basketball Writers Association, condemned the Knicks' decision to not credential the Daily News.
"James Dolan, the owner of the Knicks franchise, previously has said that barring Daily News employees from media availabilities sends the Daily News 'a message.' In reality, the only message he is sending is that he is a bully who retaliates against legitimate news outlets that publish content he dislikes," Robbins wrote last week. "Members of the Professional Basketball Writers Association support our Daily News colleagues, and we condemn the Knicks' attempts to hinder journalists' ability to do their jobs and inform the public."