David Fizdale and his young Knicks squad opened their 2018-19 season with a 126-107 rout of the Hawks on Wednesday night in The Garden. >> Box Score
Things you need to know about tonight's game...
1) Tim Hardaway Jr., despite being young, is expected to be a veteran leader this season. And that certainly showed with a 31-point, seven-rebound night to start his year. He also collected five assists and two steals on the night.
2) All eyes were on first-rounder Kevin Knox, who began his NBA career with a 10-point game. But it was undrafted rookie Allonzo Trier who stole the show. He led all rookies with 15 points on 5-of-9 shooting, including a thunderous dunk through traffic that lit up the crowd.
3) The double-double machine in Enes Kanter had another with 16 points and 11 rebounds to go along with three assists on the night.
4) As for the other new faces in Knicks jerseys, Mario Hezonja started to heat up in the second half to cap off a 15-point night. Noah Vonleh also had a double-double with 12 points and 10 rebounds.
5) Knicks had their highest-scoring quarter in franchise history in the second with 49 points.
Highlights from tonight's game
"I'll take that..." ✋ pic.twitter.com/9IwDGEdjvN- NEW YORK KNICKS (@nyknicks) October 18, 2018
Coach approved ✅ pic.twitter.com/Y5cB3XGoFA- NEW YORK KNICKS (@nyknicks) October 18, 2018
The Knicks travel across boroughs to face the Nets on Friday at 7:30 p.m.