The Knicks had a hot start to this one, but ultimately couldn't finish off the visiting Hawks in a 114-107 loss at The Garden Friday night. >> Box score
Things to know about Friday's game
1) Kevin Knox has been starting off his games recently on fire, but in this one, he was scorching. He led the Knicks to a 38-29 lead at the end of the quarter after dropping 17 points that showed off his confident shooting stroke. He cooled off, though, down the stretch. After finishing with 21 points in the first half, he had only three in the second.
2) Emmanuel Mudiay was the leading scorer for the Knicks, as he found his success on the offensive end. He had 32 points -- a game high as well -- while collecting four assists along the way. Mudiay continues to solidify himself as Fizdale's preferred point guard out of the three.
3) What separated the Hawks from the Knicks in this one was bench production,. Three Atlanta players finished with double-digit points off the bench, while Luke Kornet scored the most bench points with seven. Lance Thomas and Damyean Dotson combined for eight points, while Frank Ntilikina was 0-for-2 from the field the whole night.
4) Trae Young was stymied by the Knicks in their first two meetings, but he came through with a double-double tonight. He finished with 15 points and 10 assists as he facilitated beautifully in MSG. Kent Bazemore led the charge with 22 points, while Kevin Huerter and John Collins had 16 and 17 points respectively.
5) After their big overtime win over the Hornets, the Knicks have now lost four straight games.
Timmy with the 🗡 pic.twitter.com/ItbhW9U4nd- NEW YORK KNICKS (@nyknicks) December 22, 2018
Poster delivered 🖼 pic.twitter.com/E4hUlil0SE- NEW YORK KNICKS (@nyknicks) December 22, 2018
After opening their Christmas gifts early, the Knicks play a holiday matchup against the Bucks at The Garden at 12 p.m.