The Knicks (3-9) faced the Dallas Mavs (6-5) for the second time this season, winning again, this time 106-103 as former Knick Kristaps Porzingis made his return to Madison Square Garden >> Box Score
Here are Five Takeaway's from Thursday's game...
1) Marcus Morris led the way for the Knicks in scoring with 20 points, including a go-ahead three pointer with 13.4 seconds left in the game. He was 5-for-7 from three in the game, and had five rebounds in 34 minutes.
2) All eyes were on Dallas Mavs star Kristaps Porzingis, as he made his long awaited return to Madison Square Garden. However, it was his teammate Luka Doncic that stole the show, recording a triple-double with 33 points, 11 assists, and 10 rebounds. Porzingis finished the game with 20 points, 11 rebounds, and 3 blocks.
3) Mitchell Robinson played in his first game since suffering a concussion on Nov. 6 against the Pistons. He played 22 minutes off the bench, and scored 16 points to go along with eight rebounds and a block. He had a clutch put-back dunk to give the Knicks a 94-92 lead with a little over six minutes left in the game. Robinson finished with a +3 plus/minus, but fouled out with 4:38 in the fourth quarter.
4) In his first game against his former team, Dennis Smith Jr. gave the Knicks energy off the bench. He had 13 points, eight assists, and six rebounds in 30 minutes of action.
5) The Knicks managed to get to the foul line just 11 times, making nine of those free throws. While the Mavs made 23 of 31 free throws, as they continued to draw fouls by attacking the rim throughout the game.
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKpic.twitter.com/AA71KsS7D5- Knicks Videos (@sny_knicks) November 15, 2019
RJ DID IT TO LUKA 🌪🔨pic.twitter.com/GZrdtliOz5- Knicks Videos (@sny_knicks) November 15, 2019
DENNIS SHUMPERT JR.pic.twitter.com/X6OrTk1ugP- Knicks Videos (@sny_knicks) November 15, 2019
The Knicks (3-9) will play the Charlotte Hornets (4-7) for the first time this season on Saturday at 7:30 p.m. at Madison Square Garden.