Latest Update (April 11)
9:45AM: Charles Oakley is in court today making his first appearance on assault charges stemming from his February scuffle with Madison Square Garden security.
Prior to entering the courtroom, Oakley spoke to reporters and reiterated the same story he has in the past, claiming he did nothing wrong and MSG security dragged him out for no reason.
During the arraignment, the prosecuter read to the judge statements Oakley gave during his arrest, admitting to having two drinks before the game.
The prosecuter also said that Oakley told NYPD how every time the former Knick enters Madison Square Garden, James Dolan places security guards on him and "nothing good happens."
Previous Reports (Mar. 2)
9:20PM: Charles Oakley believes it's the Knicks' responsibility to come to him and he's only concerned with clearing his record, Newsday's Jim Baumbach reports.
Speaking to reporters before an autograph show on Long Island, Oakley said the Knicks are the "ones that said things about me." The 53-year-old said he's not sure when or if he'll ever set foot inside Madison Square Garden again. Last week, Oakley sat next to Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert when the Knicks played in Cleveland.
He also told reporters his main priority is to clear three counts of misdemeanor assault charges stemming from his altercation and ejection from the Garden on Feb. 8.
The ban was lifted several days later after NBA legendand NBA commissioner Adam Silver spoke with Dolan and Oakley. Despite the mediation, Oakley said he was still upset and does not plan on attending a game at the Garden any time soon.