The New York Knicks face the Philadelphia 76ers on the road on Friday at 7 p.m.
According to STATS:
- The Knicks (3-0) are trying to sweep this season series for just the third time in franchise history (1992-93 (5-0) & 1994-95 (4-0)).
- Philadelphia's 107-93 victory over New Orleans on Tuesday was its 10th of the season; that means the NBA record for the fewest wins in an 82-game season will continue to be held by the 1972-73 76ers (9-73).
- New York has won 31 games this season, which is 14 more than it had in 2014-15. That is the biggest increase in wins by any team this season. However, the Knicks are just 1-5 in their last six contests.
- Arron Afflalo is averaging 20.0 (60/3) points and 7.4 (22/3) rebounds in his three games against the 76ers this season, shooting 57.5 (23/40) percent from the floor in these contests.
- Carl Landry is averaging 19.0 points per game on 72.7 (24/33) percent shooting so far this month. He had 22 points on 9-for-10 from the floor in Tuesday's win over the Pelicans.
- Robert Covington has made at least one three-pointer in 20 straight games. He is the second 76er to have a 20+ game streak this season (Hollis Thompson, 22 gms, December 14-February 3).