The New York Knicks face the Boston Celtics on the road Friday at 7:30 p.m.
According to STATS:
- The Celtics have taken two of the three games played between these clubs so far in 2015-16, including a 100-91 victory in Boston on December 27.
- The Knicks have dropped their last six road games versus Eastern Conference opponents, getting outscored by an average of 8.1 (106.3-98.2) points per game during this skid.
- The Celtics went 23-for-24 (.958) from the free-throw line and committed just five turnovers against Portland on Wednesday. They became the first team to shoot 95+ percent from the line (minimum 20 FTA) while committing five or fewer turnovers in a game since the Heat (95.0 FT%, 5 TOs) did it versus Orlando, February 22, 2009.
- Kristaps Porzingis (119) has set a franchise rookie record for the most blocked shots in a season. He has had six blocks in his three games against the Celtics.
- Isaiah Thomas had 30 points in Wednesday's victory over the Trail Blazers. It was his seventh 30+ point performance in 2015-16; the last Celtic to have more in a season was Paul Pierce (12) in 2008-09.
- Marcus Smart has 15 points and 11 rebounds (tied his career high) off the bench on Wednesday. He became just the second player listed at 6'4" or shorter to have 15+ points and 10+ boards off the bench in a game this season (Jrue Holiday, NO (6'4"; 29 & 11) vs LAC, January 10).