The New York Knicks face the Cleveland Cavaliers at Madison Square Garden on Saturday at 7 p.m. ET.
According to STATS:
- Cleveland (3-0) will be looking to sweep this season series for the first time since 2009-10. The Cavaliers have now won their last five games against the Knicks, holding them to 87 or fewer points in each of these contests.
- The Cavaliers have hit at least 10 three-pointers in each of their last nine games; that is the longest single-season streak in franchise history.
- The Knicks have done a good job protecting the rim, as opponents have made just 58.1 percent of their dunk and layup attempts versus the Knicks this season; entering this weekend, that was the lowest opponent field-goal percentage in the NBA.
- Carmelo Anthony and LeBron James have faced each other 25 times in the regular season, with Anthony holding a 13-12 lead. Anthony has averaged 23.2 points, 6.4 rebounds and 3.0 assists in these contests, compared to James' 26.0 ppg, 6.8 rpg and 6.8 apg.
- Cleveland is 21-1 (.955) this season when Tristan Thompson has at least 10 points and 10 boards in the game. Entering this weekend, that was the best win percentage in a season for any player since 1985-86 (minimum 20 G with 10+ pts & 10+ reb).
- Kristaps Porzingis has recorded a double-double in each of his last two games. The longest such streak of the rookie's career is three games, Nov. 29-Dec. 4.