The New York Knicks host the Memphis Grizzlies at Madison Square Garden on Friday at 7:30 p.m.
According to STATS:
- The Grizzlies defeated the Knicks 103-95 in Memphis on January 16. It was their fifth straight victory in this series; the Grizzlies have held the Knicks to 95 or fewer points in each game during this streak.
- Memphis has scored 100 or more points in nine straight games, which is tied with the Thunder for the longest active streak in the NBA. Memphis has gone 8-1 in those contests.
- The Knicks have shown solid improvement on the boards, going from grabbing 40.4 per game last season compared to 43.8 so far in 2015-16; that +3.4 improvement is second best in the NBA (Mia, +3.9)
- Jeff Green has scored 20 or more points in each of his last four games, coming off the bench in each of these contests. That is a franchise record for a bench player.
- Marc Gasol had 37 points in the Grizzlies' January 16 win over New York; 24 of the 37 points came after halftime (11 in the fourth quarter).
- Of Robin Lopez's 330 total rebounds this season, 147, or 44.5 percent, have come on the offensive glass; that is the highest percentage in the NBA (minimum 200 total rebounds). He has 17 offensive rebounds in his last two games.