The New York Knicks host the Orlando Magic at Madison Square Garden on Friday at 7:30 p.m.
According to STATS...
- This will be the third and final game of the season between the Magic and Knicks. Orlando (2-0) will be looking to sweep the season series for the first time since 2009-10 (3-0).
- The Magic have won their last two road games, tying their longest such win streak of the season. Orlando, which has averaged 120.5 points per game during this mini streak, has not won 3+ consecutive road contests since taking four in a row, January 8-16, 2012.
- After using 36 different starting lineups in 2014-15 (2nd, NBA), the Knicks have had much more stability this season, going with just six different lineups, which is tied for the fewest by any team.
- Aaron Gordon has pulled down 10+ rebounds in a game nine times so far this season; seven of those nine performances have come this month.
- The Knicks have lost their last six home games, but little blame can be placed on Carmelo Anthony's shoulders, as he has four 15+ point/10+ rebound performances in his five contests during this skid (he sat out the February 5 home loss to Mem).
- In the last meeting between these teams (December 21), Lance Thomas went 9-for-9 from the field (including 3-for-3 from behind the arc) and 3-for-3 from the free-throw line. He is still the only player to be perfect from both the floor and the FT line in a game (minimum 9 FGA & 2 FTA) this season.