The New York Knicks host the Phoenix Suns at Madison Square Garden on Friday at 7:30 p.m.
According to STATS...
- This is the first meeting of 2015-16 between these teams. The Suns have won the last three games in this series after the Knicks had taken the previous four.
- The Suns lost 115-93 at Cleveland on Wednesday. It was their league-high fifth loss by 20 or more points so far in January.
- Each of New York's last 10 contests has been decided by at least five points. That is the second-longest active streak in the NBA (Por, 14).
- The 21 year-old Archie Goodwin and the 19 year-old Devin Booker have formed the Suns' starting backcourt in five games this season, including in each of the team's last four contests. It is the only time since at least the start of the 1985-86 season that two players 21 or younger have played 5+ games together as the Suns' starting backcourt.
- Carmelo Anthony has missed six games this season, including the last two contests. The Knicks are 0-6 without Anthony in 2015-16, compared to 22-20 when he plays.
- Arron Afflalo went 3-for-3 from the free-throw line on Thursday. That extended his streak of consecutive free throws made to 30 in a row; that is tied for the second-longest active streak in the NBA.