The Knicks welcome the Timberwolves to New York for a 7 p.m. game on Wednesday.
According to STATS...
- Minnesota won each of the two meetings between these clubs in 2014-15, sweeping the season series from New York for the first time since the 2006-07 campaign. The Timberwolves have won each of their last two road games against the Knicks, last losing to them there back on December 23, 2012.
- The Timberwolves have dropped three straight and seven of their last eight games, including a 112-100 loss to the Nuggets on Tuesday. Minnesota is 0-3 in the second of back-to-back games this season.
- The Knicks saw their four game losing streak come to an end with a 112-110 victory over the Trail Blazers on Saturday. New York has lost four of its last five meetings against Western Conference opponents.
- Carmelo Anthony scored a season high-tying 37 points against Portland on Saturday after reaching the 20-point plateau just twice in his previous seven contests. Anthony has scored at least 20 points in each of his last seven meetings with Minnesota.
- Kristaps Porzingis was held scoreless against Portland on Saturday for the first time in his NBA career, the second time in his last three games that he has failed to reach five points. However, Porzingis has scored at least 17 points in each of his last four home games, averaging 21.0 points per game in that span.
- Karl-Anthony Towns is averaging 18.5 points and shooting 61.3 percent from the field over his last six games after averaging 8.4 points on 45.2 percent shooting in his previous five contests. Towns has had at least one blocked shot in 15 consecutive games -- the longest active streak in the NBA.